- design and develop plans to increase and maintain members
- along with secretary, jointly maintain an accurate chapter roster
- responsible for planning and promoting fundraising projects to meet Association goals for the fiscal year
- establish and present timelines and budgets for proposed activities to the Association
- responsible for developing and or engaging in activities recruiting students to Virginia State University
- develop and review scholarship plans for incoming and current students from the chapter service area
- adhere to parameters/legibility guidelines for scholarship/grants based on funding guidelines for annual and four scholarships
- receive proposed amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws for the chapter
- propose recommendations as needed to the Executive board with justification
- adopted revisions will be finalized annually
- establish guidelines and timelines for submission of changes to chapter governing documents
- upon review proposed changes will be made available for financial members to review and respond based on established timeline before being brought forth for vote by the body
- VSUAA Greater Triangle Chapter Bylaws (r1)
- shall be responsible for preparing and submitting a budget to the chapter annually for approval
- the committee shall review budget status quarterly and recommend adjustments as needed to the Executive board and body
- Shall establish and manage community outreach efforts for the chapter
- Identify opportunities and interest in community projects
- Work cohesively with membership to develop efforts to ensure overall coordination of community initiatives
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term strategies
- Identify professionals that can support and nourish the community outreach program
- Serve as the chapter’s representative
- Communicate volunteer opportunities to chapter members and submit newsletter articles about the Outreach program
Public Relations/ Social Media Committee
- Shall produce and promote Internet- based materials and resources to better showcase the mission, objectives, and activities of our chapter and university.
- Promote Content: Identify and/or create material that chapter membership and the public will find relevant and interesting.
- Promote Content: Distribute materials/resources along channels that will get them noticed.
- Shall post updates, good news, fundraisers and links about our chapter as well as the University , when applicable.
The service area will encompass Wake County, Durham County, & surrounding locales.